GoDaddy - CNAME setup
In this tutorial, we will show you how to set up your CNAME record for your domain so you can publish to that domain with Kickpages.
This tutorial is for users whose DNS settings are handled in their Godaddy account.
Complete these steps:
- log in into your GoDaddy account and click on your name in the top right corner
- from the left side menu, select "Manage Domains"
- In the top navigation, select "DNS" then "Manage Zones"
- search and select your domain name
- Look for the WWW line and click on the pencil icon to edit it's value
- enter the kickpages CNAME (publish.kickpages.com) and click on "Save"
This will update your CNAME record. it can take up to 48 hours to update, depending on your domain.
After setting up your CNAME you should scroll down the DNS Zone editor page to the bottom, to domain forwarding and redirect the non www version to the www version of your domain.
Please make sure that you select https:// as the protocol and enter your own domain name that you have edited, including "www." and click on save.
You can use our Kickpages CNAME tool to check: https://www.kickpages.com/cnamechecker